Watch Getting Set Up For eGov Success
Recorded on November 16, 2021.
Eproval’s Six-Part eGov Series.
The first webinar in a six-part eGov series is a broad overview offering an engaging and informative expert panel on best practices, growth roadmaps, teams and responsibilities, internal and external politics, tools and automation. This will be followed by five master classes building on key themes.
Drawing on a 30-year career with the City of San Diego where she created and led the Special Events & Filming Department, Carolyn Wormser will share expert tips on how to develop a paperless, special events program in your community.
- Establish a road map to define and grow your special events program
- Identify the departments that should be part of your citywide special events team
- Establish roles, and responsibilities for your special event permitting process
- Identify best practices and efficiencies to support the permitting process
- Navigate internal and external politics to identify and overcome obstacles
Register and Watch
Register below and watch now how Carolyn’s passion for public service, understanding of local government, and knowledge of the special events industry can hep you achieve success with your goals.
Retired Executive Director,
Special Events & Filming,
City of San Diego
Register & watch recorded webinar
Please register to watch GETTING SET UP FOR EGOV SUCCESS recorded on November 16, 2021.
"*" indicates required fields
OUR EXPERT PANEL
RETIRED EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR,
SPECIAL EVENTS & FILMING, CITY OF SAN DIEGO
Recruited in the early 1990’s to establish the City of San Diego’s Office of Special Events, Carolyn Wormser spent nearly 30 years building the program to become San Diego’s celebrated and nationally acclaimed Special Events & Filming Department. Experiencing more than 600% growth, Carolyn developed multi-department teams, permitting processes and collaborative partnerships to support annual service levels including:
- 1,250 permitted event dates for festivals, parades, runs/walks/triathlon, farmers markets and concerts with an estimated attendance of 10 million people
- 1,500 permitted filming dates ranging from major motion pictures, original series, reality television, independent films, shorts, commercials and print campaigns
- 1,000 right-of-way conflicts resolved between construction projects and special event/filming venues
- Driving $500+ million in annual economic impact to the region through successful events
During her tenure, the department was recognized nationally and internationally for its integrated technological solutions, planning processes and operational support systems that address dynamic industry needs as they relate to requirements for public safety, regulatory agency compliance and community engagement.
Jonathan is a founder and Managing Director of Eproval, a software company dedicated to helping local governments achieve success automating approvals for special events, film and grant applications.
In this role he is responsible for leading all corporate development activities. He is responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of the company and execution of the strategic plan. For the last two decades, he has been a senior leader in enterprise software companies like Crystal Decisions, Cognos, IBM and HP Software where he has interfaced with local government and public sector clients.